Fiona at Sparrowhawk Leather makes the largest range of handmade, personalised, 100% genuine leather pilot logbook covers, together with licence wallets.
Custom made by New Zealand leather artisan, Fiona Ritchie, the natural characteristics of the leather hide is preserved through the aniline tannery finishing process, and the laser engraved wings & name patch on the logbook cover & hand embossed wings & initials make your CASA pilot licence holder unique.
Logbook cover available for Australian ATC, Air Services Australia or NZCAA logbooks, Licence Folder cover for Australian CASA Flight Crew Licence folder (Form 947) .
- 100% full grain, tannery finished, oiled Aniline Leather, 2mm, black colour
- Each patch hand stitched using Irish Linen Waxed thread in a robust two needle saddle stitch
- Edges sealed with waxed edge finish
- High detail laser engraving including your name & Sparrowhawk's pilot's wings on the logbook cover
- Made to measure for Australian ATC, Airservices Australia & NZCAA pilot logbooks
LICENCE FOLDER COVER
- Hand dyed & hand embossed leather patch with Sparrowhawk pilot's wings and up to 3 initials
- Made to measure for your Australian CASA Flight Crew Licence folder (Form 947) 18.75 cm high x 13.75 cm wide (when closed) 29 cm wide (when open) - Not available for other aviation authority licences)
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for completion plus delivery time (need it before then, Contact Fiona about a personalised Gift Certificate)
CASA (Australia) Logbook & Licence Folder Cover COMBO - Black Aniline Leather
FREE AUSTRALIA shipping over NZD 295
FREE UK, US & Europe shipping over NZD 350
This piece is made from 100% Full Grain Aniline leather.
Aniline Leather is a tannery finished leather that maintains the hide characteristics of raw leather. Sparrowhawk's pure Aniline leather has an oiled finish.
Aniline Leather generally will not dry out and does not require leather conditioners.
The embossed wings / initials patch on the Licence Folder Cover is hand finished leather, and is hand dyed after embossing. The laser engraved wing / name patch on the Logbook Cover is brown aniline leather.
What is Genuine Leather?
About Aniline Leather?
No, sorry, lower case letters are not available.
Can you emboss more than 4 letters on the Licence Folder Cover?
No, as I emboss each letter individually using a rawhide hammer, and it is difficult to achieve a consistent line and spacing for more than 4 letters.
Can I have a different laser engraved font for the Logbook Cover?
Alternative fonts and cover designs are not available for logbooks in Sparrowhawk's Standard Logbook Collection.
Can I have a different colour for either of the patches?
No, these are standard design items.
Can you make it faster than completion time on the site?
While I appreciate that Sparrowhawk pieces are often made for gifts, this may not be possible due to a full order book. If you have left your order too late, I can prepare a personalised Gift Certificate with your message and details of the piece you have ordered, plus delivery date. If you would like the person to be able to specify their own piece, I can accommodate this in a Gift Certificate too. Please Contact Me to arrange.