True Leather Craftsmanship needs TimeHandmade in NZ from Sparrowhawk's Hunua farm studio.
FREE NZ delivery with Gift Box.Sparrowhawk Leather's personalised, leather wallets and billfolds are handmade with hard wearing 100% full grain leather on the outer, and soft, 100% calf leather on the inner.
Custom made by New Zealand leather artisan, Fiona Ritchie, the natural characteristics of the leather hide, hand dyeing process, hand embossed pilots wings and hand embossed initials makes your wallet unique. The classic design of the 100% calf leather wallet interiors provide functionality and long lasting quality.
Two (2) full sized note pockets for a second currency (one zipped), plenty of credit card slots (6), licence / ID display, & zipped coin pocket (change for your coffee).
Dual Currency Pilots Wallet - Embossed Initials & Wings
FREE AUSTRALIA shipping over NZD 295
FREE UK, US & Europe shipping over NZD 350
- Hand dyed and waxed, full grain, top quality vegetable tanned, 1.5 mm "raw" leather (russet) outer
- Factory finished 100% calf leather interior with 6 credit card slots, licence display, a zipped coin pocket and a full sized zipped note pocket.
- 95 mm high x 120 mm wide (when closed) x 230 mm wide (when open), plus 10 cms with additional trifold open
- Hand embossed initials & pilots wings brevet
- Hand punched perimeter stitching holes
- Hand stitched perimeter using Irish Linen Waxed thread in a robust two needle saddle stitch
- Hand burnished edges
- Distinctive Sparrowhawk white presentation box
- FREE NZ delivery
- FREE Australian shipping over NZD 300
- FREE UK, US, Europe, Asia shipping over NZD 350
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for completion plus delivery time (need it before then, Contact Fiona about a personalised Gift Certificate)
The outer of this piece is handmade from 100% full grain, uncoloured vegetable tanned leather. This is the most durable leather, retains the original grain which is highlighted by Fiona's hand dyeing. Each hand finished piece has a unique character and texture and over time develops a softer touch and patina which can not be imitated.
The interior of this piece is made from 100% factory finished calf leather. Calf leather is soft and strong without excessive bulk.
Hand finished leather should not be left in the sun or allowed to dry out. A natural wax or oil based leather conditioner applied a few times a year, will protect and enhance the colour and shine of your piece.
Can you emboss lower case initials?
No, sorry, lower case letters are not available.
Can you emboss more than 4 letters?
No, as I emboss each letter individually using a rawhide hammer, and it is difficult to achieve a consistent line and spacing for more than 4 letters. Specialist book binders can emboss longer words, but this needs to be done prior to dyeing and will take an extra 2-3 weeks with an additional cost of around $95 (including two couriers). Please Contact Me to order.
Can you emboss the inside of the wallet?
No, I am sorry, but this is not possible. The wallet interiors are premade, and the calf leather is factory finished and unsuitable for embossing.
Can I have a different colour leather?
Yes, please Contact Me. If you wish to see WIP photos an additional admin fee of $10 applies.
Can you make it faster than completion time on the site?
This may be possible depending on workload and availability of the premade inners. Please Contact Me to enquire. Should I not be able to make the wallet in time for the gift giving occasion, I can organise an personalised Gift Certificate.