FREE SHIPPING NZ, FREE OVERSEAS SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER NZD $300
Sparrowhawk Leather makes the largest range of handmade, personalised, 100% genuine leather pilot logbook covers.
Custom made by New Zealand leather artisan, Fiona Ritchie, the natural characteristics of the leather hide, hand dyeing process and hand embossed initials make your CASA pilot licence holder unique.
Coordinates with Hand Finished Leather Pilot Logbook cover small wing & intials, available for Australian ATC, Air Services Australia or NZCAA Pilot logbooks. Save $20 when you buy the CASA (Australia) Logbook & Licence Folder Cover Combo (Hand Finished Leather).
- Hand dyed and waxed, full grain, top quality vegetable tanned, 1.5mm "raw" leather (russet).
- Hand punched stitching holes
- Hand stitched using Irish Linen Waxed thread in a robust two needle saddle stitch
- Hand burnished edges
- Hand embossed initials and pilot wings
- Made to measure for your Australian CASA Flight Crew Licence folder (Form 947) whether the Vinyl Holder or the Hard Back Bound Holder (see second picture). 18.75 cm high x 13.75 cm wide (when closed) 29 cm wide (when open) - Not available for other aviation authority licences)
- FREE NZ delivery
- FREE international delivery on combined orders over NZD $300
- To ensure your commission is made on time, please allow up to 12 working days for completion plus delivery time (need it before then, Contact Fiona)
Pilot CASA (Australia) Licence Folder Cover - Hand Finished Leather - 1 Colour
FREE AUSTRALIA shipping over NZD 295
FREE UK, US & Europe shipping over NZD 350
This piece is handmade from 100% full grain, uncoloured vegetable tanned leather. This is the most durable leather, retains the original grain which is highlighted by Fiona's hand dyeing. Each hand finished piece has a unique character and texture and over time develops a softer touch and patina which can not be imitated.
Hand finished leather should not be left in the sun or allowed to dry out. A natural wax or oil based leather conditioner applied a few times a year, will protect and enhance the colour and shine of your piece.
What is Genuine Leather?
Why Hand Finished Leather?
Can you emboss lower case initials?
No, sorry, lower case letters are not available.
Can you emboss more than 4 letters?
No, as I emboss each letter individually using a rawhide hammer, and it is difficult to achieve a consistent line and spacing for more than 4 letters. Specialist book binders can emboss longer words, but this needs to be done prior to dyeing and will take an extra 2-3 weeks with an additional cost of around $95 (including two couriers). Please Contact Me to order.
Can I have a different colour?
Yes, please Contact Me. If you wish to see WIP photos an additional admin fee of $10 applies.
Can you make it faster than completion time on the site?
Some times of year are busier than others. Generally, I need 12 working days to make ready for despatch, perhaps more at Christmas.
If you have a specific delivery deadline, please Contact Me with your address for delivery and I will let you know. However, to guarantee your order can be completed on time, please allow 12 working days plus delivery.
18.75 cm high x 13.75 cm wide (when closed) 29 cm wide (when open)